In any case, I see a building that could be perfect for the newspaper. It's by the pub they call " The Iron and Glass" - I call upper management and they say things will get shifted soon...
I clam my phone up and slip it back in my bag along with a choice selection of " things one shouldn't forget when exploring a new town.." and head back towards the pub.
On my way , I meet an interesting individual emerging out of the alleyway. She says her name is Aziya - to me it sounds unusual and exotic... so cosmopolitan - unlike the names I've grown up with , like Mary Sue and Joe Bob. She also has the most intense eyes I've come across... a sort of acid yellow... the sort that reminds me of owls..or cats... and other creatures of the night.
I remain polite and intrigued , it seemed that she was waiting for someone and so I made an exit.
Note to self :
Must write restaurant reviews!
The bar keep at The Iron and Glass pours a merry pint , and I downed the tawny ale I ordered in short shrift... The town is spookily quiet and as I look out of the windows, I find myself wondering about its citizens.
Then of course there is that other matter... I've only heard the tiniest whisperings of it but what I have heard sounds horrific enough to warrant further investigation. Apparently some supernaturals have started a trade on thralled humans somewhere under the city - or so I'm told, is where a weekly auction is taking place. The highest ever bid on a thralled human is estimated to have been about a quarter million.. least according to my last source and snooping around the internet.
If this story is true... then I dread to think what else might be true...still, I am determined to find out.
D
Photos of yours truly that the bar keep on duty was kind enough to take:


No comments:
Post a Comment